Saturday 20 February 2010

A slight hitch.

There has been a slight complication in proceedings, as I didn't even realise at first, but this complication could mean the death of this blog in its current guise.

Epic story short: I had an interview for a pretty neat PR job at a charity - and I got it. Yep. Me. My job.

Trumpets sounded, angels sang and I made myself a massive cup of tea.

BUT. Now I feel committed to a blog of some sort, but perhaps the adventures of my unemployed self will have to be put to bed for a little while - hopefully for a long time, if they like me enough and keep me past the contract date and and and and...I'm getting ahead of myself again. Ah well.

So. I've had a hell of a time since graduation, and I've lost track of how many jobs I've applied for. I stopped counting somewhere around 80, but I'm fairly certain it was quite a few more. There have been tears. There have been tantrums, absolute facepalms, and a significant proportion of tax-payers money spent on the jukebox. But things have been learnt, a lot has been written, and I may have forgotten how to transcribe my own shorthand. At least I never caved in to watching Jeremy Kyle.
Unemployment in itself has been an education, but a pretty rubbish one nobody asked for. A bit like general studies, only you can't skive it and hide in the science block. It's a crushing, soul-sapping experience that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Except for maybe one. Yes, you know who you are.

Well, this isn't what I expected. But I think it's starting to become something brilliant and exciting and hopefully a new adventure.

Bye for now,
Your narrator x